Get the Look: Endless Summer
Chantecaille artist Fernando Cavidad created a sculpted bronze look for Oscar de la Renta’s annual Keep Tahoe Blue runway show. Radiant skincare and makeup formulas that create a subtle glow were key in crafting this fresh, summery look. Here’s how to re-create it for yourself.
“Our vision for the skin was healthy radiance and structured glow.”
1. For a perfectly hydrated, dewy base that would ensure the perfect makeup application, a few drops of Rose de Mai Face Oil ($190) was mixed with 24 Karat Gold Firming Moisturizer and massaged onto the center of the face, in upward motions towards the hairline.
2. The final step before makeup was prepping skin with Ultra Sun Protection Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 45 Primer.
“I warmed up the skin with a perfectly blended combination of Future Skin Foundation, gently bronzed with our new Anti-Aging Face Tint in Bronze and kept it perfectly fresh by using gel textures rather than any powders.”
1. Future Skin Foundation and Le Camouflage Stylo were brushed onto the center of the face and worked outwards wherever coverage was needed.
2. Next, Anti-Aging Face Tint was contoured onto the perimeter of the face and under the cheekbones.
3. Real Bronze enhanced the natural shape of the face, and Philanthropy Cheek Shade in Smitten was blended on top and diffused upwards towards the temple.
4. To finish, Liquid Lumière in Brilliance, a sheer radiant gold, was layered under limited-edition Sunbeam Cheek and Eye Shade for a warm, sun-kissed highlight at the high points of the face.
“A diffused kitten-eye liner was the perfect definition for the eye—it subtly pulls and lifts the eye.”
1. Next Generation Eye Base was applied beyond the crease from the lash line upward and outward, focusing on pulling it toward the outer corners of the eyes.
2. A light layer of Mermaid Eye Matte in Sylvie was diffused onto the lids.
3. Next, Luster Glide in Jasper and Earth and Eye Kajal were used to create a soft V on the outer corners of the lash lines and then diffused gently by pulling it out work to create a soft and short “kitten eye”.
4. Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara was then applied to the top and bottom lashes.
“The trick to a perfect lip is to go one shade darker than your natural lip color.”
To keep the look feminine and ethereal, Lip Chic was matched to be a shade darker than each model’s natural lip then enhanced with a coat of Brilliant Gloss in the center of the lips.