Makeup artist Fiona Stiles created a classic smoldering smokey eye and a fresh, feminine lip for actress Zoey Deutch at the 2020 Golden Globe Awards. Her expert how-to tricks are below.
"The first thing I did was to have her put on the Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Masks. This allows them to work their magic while I’m setting up."
1. To begin the beauty prep, Fiona immediately placed revitalizing, brightening Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Masks under Zoey’s eyes.
2. A sweep of Lip Potion was patted onto Zoey’s lips along with a spritz of balancing, calming Pure Rosewater.
3. Stress Repair Concentrate+ was massaged under and around Zoey’s eye area and Bio Lifting Oil Free Fluid+ was applied to her entire face and neck.
1. For a mix of coverage and a perfect base, Fiona applied Future Skin Foundation in Shea and Real Skin+ Eye and Face Stick in Shade 2 where needed for correction and brightening.
2. HD Perfecting Powder in Bronze—created specifically for high definition cameras on the red carpet—was dusted along Zoey’s temples and under her cheekbones for depth and definition.
3. Fiona followed with a soft brushing of Philanthropy Cheek Shade in Turtle to the cheeks. A subtle highlight was added to Zoey’s cheekbones and decolletage with Spring 2020’s soon-to-be-launched Perfect Blur Finishing Powder and golden Éclat Brilliant highlighter.
"I swept color into the eye crease and under the lower lashes to create dimension and depth on the eyes."
1. To perfectly frame the face, Fiona used both Waterproof Brow Definer in Oak Brown and Full Brow Perfecting Gel.
2. She crafted the base of the eye look with Mermaid Eye Matte in velvety brown Sylvie and the nutmeg brown shade from the soon-to-be-launched Spring 2020 Hummingbird Eye Quartet in Warm.
3.Next, to elevate the eyes, she combined Luminescent Eye Shades in sophisticated olive shade Rhinoceros, and Elephant, a shimmering taupe grey, with a gleaming hint of golden Éclat Brillant.
4. She lined Zoey’s eyes with Le Stylo Ultra Slim liquid liner in Black, and emboldened her lashes with Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara.
1. To perfectly complement the warm, smokey eye she created, Fiona combined Lip Definer in Nuance, a sheer pinky-beige, and Lip Stick in Sweet Pea, a shimmering pink, for a fresh, neutral lip.