Red Carpet Radiance: Issa Rae
Makeup Artist Joanna Simkin created a fresh, floral-inspired look on nominee Issa Rae at The 27th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards.
Rae’s whimsical floral dress inspired the “soft springtime glow, with the added hint of some dark smoke and a wing”. Gorgeously glowing skin courtesy of a custom cocktail of lush CBD 300 Face and Body Cream with Liquid Lumière in Brilliance, was the finishing touch.
1. Joanna started with the NEW Bio Lifting Mask+, which gave Issa’s skin a lifted glow, then followed with the Gold Recovery Intense Concentrate A.M. and a facial massage with the Advanced Bio Lifting+ Massage Tool
"All of our skin prep really allowed me to be sparing with her foundation, brushing it mainly on the center of the face and flirting it out to the edge."
3. “I then finished with Perfect Blur Finishing Powder in Medium/Deep to set the center of the face only, leaving the rest very dewy” says Joanna.
"Adding the rose gold shadow really changed the entire tone of the eye, and brought the whole look into a springtime palette."
1. Joanna used Giraffe Eye Quartet to create Issa’s eye look:
— Shade 1, a matte soft brown, all over the lid then using a fluffy brush.
— Shade 3, bronzy brown shimmer, to the corners for some depth.
— Shade 4, a pewter chrome pearl, from the giraffe quartet in the inner corner of the eye.
2. After the eye shape was defined Joanna dusted Luminescent Eye Shade in Rose Gold shade Zebra on the lids.
3. Then she lined the inside waterline using the Eye Kajal in black and added more to the lower lash line for soft smoke.